RE: [teacherartexchange] Classes Dropped

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 04:54:58 PDT

they are not always safe - Art has been assessed in Kentucky for almost 15
years -
the schools have just created a humanities class to teach the core content
for art/music/drama/dance.... many schools that had art are changing to the
humanities format... K - up.

Even my school is doing unbelievable things to the arts schedule (30 minute
classes - 40 minutes for 8th grade... and that's on non-choir days) - just
can't figure it out. We have the highest scores in the state -