Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Autograph books

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 18:56:31 PDT

My last campus was in a high-poverty area. No more than a handful of kids
out of every class could afford a yearbook, something the PTA and
administration understood. I gave every class an opportunity to make an
autograph book.

Nancy Walkup will remember professional development session we taught in
Midland-Odessa using instructions for a pop-up book from "Making Books that
Fly, Fold,Wrap, Hide, Pop-Up..." If I remember correctly, the kind of pop-up
we made is called a star. When opened, the book makes a star sort of design.

That is the design I used for the autograph books. Some were quite beautiful
and I am sure became treasured objects for the students who made them. One
very nice aspect of this is that I did not see a single student write
something inappropriate in the handmade autograph books.

Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020

For art teaching resources and professional development

To unsubscribe go to