[teacherartexchange] yearbook alternatives

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 17:57:01 PDT

Hi, all,

I'm feeling somewhat guilty and insensitive for not forseeing that a lot
of my students would not be able to afford the $15 yearbook that came
out last week. During our 30-minute Friday classes, I allowed students
to bring their yearbooks to sign, using my gel pens and special
markers. Several students asked if they could get some of my "groovy
paper" (24 lb. Astrobrights) and the stapler. I was a little puzzled
until I saw they were making little autograph booklets so their friends
could sign it. Heartbreaking...

I wish I'd planned ahead so they could've made their own books, with
space for adding friends' pictures and autographs. I won't be teaching
next year except to sub, but those of you with similar situations might
keep this idea in mind.

Maggie