[teacherartexchange] Altered Book "Tip In" being planned for summer

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 08:26:35 PDT

Greetings Teacher Art Exchange,

I am planning to organize an Altered Book Tip In for Summer. This
would connect members from both Yahoo lists (Art Education and
ArtsEducators) and Getty list.

I will not organize another Altered Book Round Robbin (mailing of
books). For a Tip In - only pages are sent out - you keep your book.
Pages are returned to you and you "tip" them in (add back in between
two slim tabs approx 1/2") .You can attach the pages directly to other
pages, or cut off existing pages leaving only a tab, and glue the
tip-in to that... I'll get a better explanation later. Here is
Michal's Getty definition:
http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/archive/Sep03/0467.html

If you have been involved with a Tip In before - please send me "what
works".... give me some guidelines/organizational tips. Please reply
OFF LIST as this is it does not interest other list members now.

If you are interest in JOINING this Tip In once it gets started -
please reply to me OFF LIST. I will start collecting names and email
addresses to make our own mailing list. To reply to me OFF list use
my Yahoo address (on IAD), my Road Runner address if you have that OR
this gmail address (judy.decker at gmail.com)

NOTE: for those who have Gmail addresses - it is very easy to get the
poster's email address by clicking "more options" at the top of each
message you get.
I can still invite more to Gmail - it is great for organizing posts.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department