Re:[teacherartexchange] looking for student evaluation questions for public school/high school

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 06:02:15 PDT

It is found that teachers who ask for assessment at mid-term will get
stronger student assessments at the end of term.

For mid-term, I ask something like this:

1. What are the assignments and things the teacher has done so far
in this class that you think have worked best for your learning
and/or to challenge you to be more creative in this class?

2. What are your suggestions to make things better during the rest
of this class so you would learn more and/or be more creative?

At end of term, I would ask:

1. List something(s) in this class, if any, that helped you become
more creative and confident?

2. List the assignment(s) in this class on which you chose to work
the hardest?

2a. Why did you choose to work harder on this (these) assignment(s)?

3. List things, if any, in this class that you found too boring. Explain.

4. List the things in this class, if any, that were frustrating
because they were too challenging. Explain.

5. List the most important things you learned about art and/or about
yourself in this class that you did not know before this class?

6. Answer this if you wish. Would you recommend this class to your
friends? ___ yes ___ no Why?

Marvin