[teacherartexchange] Media Projector

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 14:59:54 PDT

Judy:

I recently purchased an NEC projector for my classroom simply because NEC
offers an easy-to-write "grant" through the Smarter Kids Foundation. The
grant is actually a nice discount and does not cover the entire cost of the
system. The $1500 projector cost not quite $1,000 with the support from the
Smarter Kids Foundation.

I'll be using this projector in a relatively small room without windows, so
the NEC folks suggested that a VT470 is all that I needed. If you have a
large room or one that is flooded with light, you might consider a higher
powered model.

Here is the link if you have an interest.
http://www.smarterkids.org/k12/nec/index.asp

One very good thing about this program is that you may use the discounted
amount (usually about 33%) as matching funds for other grants you might
seek.

Pam