Re: [teacherartexchange] classroom projectors

---------

From: david gran (dsgran_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 14:47:09 PDT

Hi! I'm new to this list as of today - anyway, I
teach a digital video art class in a high school so i
use projectors on a daily basis. As with many
electronics, you should have a general sense of how
much you'll want to spend before you determine which
you want to buy. There are a number of decent
projectors in the $1000 range (and they're as good as
projectors that you could get for twice that a year
ago). In that range, I've used modles by Toshiba,
Dell, and (one other that is slipping my mind at the
moment....), and so far the Dell has had the highest
resolution and best color (it is also the newest of
the ones I've used). You'll get better quality if you
pay more, but I've been pretty happy with these
projectors!

If you're looking for specific model numbers, I can
check that at school.

Ceiling mount - great idea!

Good luck!

David

http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/

The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

-Paul Cezanne