[teacherartexchange] Free E-mail programs

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 13:14:30 PDT

Many of you use G-Mail for this list. I do too, because I like the way it is set up - more like a forum. However, if you use it for personal mail, then you should read this page: http://gmail-is-too-creepy.com/ For this list, I don't have any objections, because these posts are all "out there" anyways. BUT, I after I read this page I went back and truly read G-Mail's policy (the one I always "agree" with without reading). I took this page with a gmail warning page with a grain of salt, but it does seem you are giving the company the right to use your e-mails.

On another note, I starting using Mailwasher when it was still in it's Beta stage to filter all my e-mails, until I got a phone call from my service provider. Seems if you "bounce" e-mails, then your service provider's server will try to return that e-mail every 30 minutes. Since many of these spammers use fake e-mails anyway, there quickly becomes a congestion of e-mails. I do like Mailwasher, but have changed all my settings to just blacklist and delete offending parties.

Just a heads up on two programs I know several people are using. :-)