Re: [teacherartexchange] looking for student evaluation questions for public school/high school

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 12:55:35 PDT

Hi Lia!

>I know this came over our discussions at one time.

Doesn't matter - it is always helpful to revamp old thoughts. After all, if
we only discuss things that have been discussed before then there isn't
going to be alot of discussion going on! :-)

> I have a student teaching HS who wants to give out an evaluation/survey
> of
> how she is doing to her HS students. I know some teachers routinely
> do this. Anyone have questions they might want to share that brought
> meaninful results?

Some questions I always ask my students:

What was your favorite project we did this year? Why?
What was your least favorite project? Why?
Did you feel that your teacher cares about you as a person?
Did you feel that you received adequate help on your projects as needed?
Did you feel that your teacher acted in a professional manner?
Would you take another course from this teacher?
Did you feel that your teacher was knowledgable about art?
Was your teacher adequately prepared?

Most of these questions are on our professional evaluations, given to us by
our administrators. If I am going to be evaluated by an administrator who is
in my room for 10 minutes at a time, 2-3 times a year, then I like to back
it up by having the student's assessment. Surprisingly, many of the answers
are often the same. :-)