[teacherartexchange] Oh No! I Missed Technology Blackout Day - May 20 - from Dr Ohler

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 07:15:15 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Gosh... Now I know why the lists were so much "quieter" Friday and why
I got a lot of tedious link work done on the sites... You were all
celebrating "Technology Blackout Day" May 20. I miss important events
like this now that I am home and out of loop.

From Dr. Jason Ohler's blog (thanks for posting Kevan)

"Technology Blackout Day has arrived, so I emailed all of my friends
to make sure they weren't using their computers. They all emailed me
back and assured me they weren't, except for the stuff they just had
to get done, which, as far as I can tell, is just about everything.
And if they weren't using their computers, they were using pencils,
which are now made by computers."

Dr. Jason Ohler's Bog:
http://www.subtechst.com/

You will all remember Dr. Ohler as the "ART is the Fourth R" Guy.
http://www.jasonohler.com/projects/artfourthr-mainpage.cfm

I will need to get him back on Art Advocacy. His old site was off line
so I removed links.

Thanks for the update Kevan (if you read this).... I never did surf to
see if I could find his site again. I will subscribe to his newsletter
so I don't miss anymore important tech events (smile).

My apologies to all - I couldn't resist adding a bit of humor (smile).
It is now nearly impossible to have a technology black out day....
unless you end up like we did last winter (no heat - no power)....even
then we used some "old technologies".

Regards,

Judy Decker

--