[teacherartexchange] All - Please READ Getty list posting Guidelines

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 06:49:38 PDT

Dear TeacherArtExchange Members,

Getty list is a GIFT - not a given. Getty ArtsEdNet Associates worked
very hard to convince the "Powers" at Getty to save the list. They
knew many changes were needed and provided those for us (even added
new Lyris commands). Now let's ALL try to do what Getty asks of us and
keep this as a professional list. Read the posting guidelines. Keep
personal "chats" off list.
http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/guidelines.html

Say/think what you will about me.... but no Getty ArtsEdNet Talk list
member worked harder than I did to save this list and archives for all
of YOU.

Here are some highlights from the Guidelines:

1. Include a Descriptive Subject Line

Do: add specific words to give users a better idea of the topic.

Do not: post messages with blank subject lines or with generic subject
lines (in general - avoid one word subjects)

2. Appropriate Topics for Submissions

Art education
Art history
Studio art practice
K-12 teaching
College level art education
Lesson plans and curricula
Museums
Contemporary art
Community art projects
Professional development for teachers

3. Inappropriate Submissions

Personal communications between individuals (It so much nicer to send
these off list - this will cut down on volume of mail for everyone)

Judy's Ramble:

Ask yourself...Is this post beneficial to all on the list? If not -
please send it only to the person who posted the question/post.

I have worked to cut down on my own posts as well... I have set a
personal limit to five to make reading mail easier for all of you. I
may go over that limit from time to time... Please do not post a reply
to the list to this email.... and do not send me a personal reply.

I have a brand now fish in my "Getty Pond" (my fish tank). My Nicholas
RedFishBlueFish (Beta) died during the ice storm last winter (Nick for
short - was named after Nick Brod at Getty - "fighting" for our list).
I now have a beautiful new fish (a blue to turquoise Beta) named
Marvin - after Marvin Bartel (whose posts are always professional and
make us THINK). Just chuckle.... I was actually waiting to see if
Marvin rejoined the list before I bought my new fish for my "pond".

Marvin's name means "famous friend" in Old English OR "marrow famous"
- I knew the name "Marvin" had to be good. We should all be glad to
have a "friend in Art Education" named Marvin Bartel - check out his
sites:
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/MB_Home.htm
http://www.bartelart.com/

Thanks Marvin (if you see this) - I hope you don't mind sharing your
name with my fish. Fish symbolism has been important to me for many,
many years. I am a "fish," too. (I decided to sign this post "Judith"
-- smile).

For those interested in Fish ideas:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/fish.htm

Regards,