[teacherartexchange] Student Design Websites - PROMOTE Georgia Project

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 05:27:10 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

The following link to student designed web pages was posted to Ed Tech List:

PROMOTE Georgia - Project Based Learning:
http://www.promotega.org/

ArtsEducators will be most interested in the 9-12th grade winner:
Composers Through the Ages:
http://www.promotega.org/wga05009/
This shows correct documentation of resources. I think you could have
students design a similar site for Artists if you wish. Perhaps design
it for younger grades at your district to use? Select artists that are
covered in the elementary and middle school? Just a thought.....

"....The PROMOTE Georgia Project provides students in grades 2-5, 6-8,
and 9-12 the opportunity to work in teams to perform research and
develop educational Web sites that teach others about a selected
topic. PROMOTE Georgia focuses on teaching standards through
Project-Based Learning. Supervised by a classroom teacher (coach),
teams of students will select a content standard(s) that is applicable
to their grade level and develop an educational Web site designed to
teach others."

The PROMOTE Georgia model is founded on the principles that are listed below.

P roject-based learning
R esearch
O bservation
M odeling
O rganization
T ransformation
E xploration

I am not linking this resource.... just posting FYI. If YOU student
created web pages - please post to the list for us to see..... I am
aware of Woody Duncan's student pages and Cave Spring Middle School
(both sources linked on my site).
My student created pages are no longer on line (as I no longer have
permission to use images emails).

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department