[teacherartexchange] Eye of Science - AMAZING images (under the microscope)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 04:06:42 PDT

Dear List Members,

Here is another "winner" recommended by Scout Report.

15. Eye of Science
http://www.eyeofscience.de/eos2/index2.html

The wonderful Eye of Science project began in 1994, and is currently
under the direction of Oliver Meckes and Nicole Ottawa. As their
philosophic statement on this website states, "Our aim is to combine
scientific exactness with aesthetic appearances, and thereby help to
bridge the gap between the world of science and the world of art." In
order to help serve this mission, they have placed numerous examples
of their work online in a series of galleries on this site. Using
electron microscopy and a host of other equipment and techniques, the
pair has created these fine images of
such things as parasites, cross-sections of a lavender leaf, and a
rather harrowing photograph of an itch mite. Along with viewing these
images, visitors can also learn about the awards they have received
and learn about the equipment they use in their work. [KMG]

>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2005.
http://scout.wisc.edu/
I sent email requesting permission to use images for in class use
(educational - non- commercial). I will be linking this site. I know I
have seen it before, but the navigation wasn't as clear at that
time..... (click Gallery link at bottom).

Enjoy the images.... I can see so many art lessons from these....
Think Ken Schwab's Circle Abstract - with an under-the-microscope
twist - really zoom in on some beautiful detail from one of the
images.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department