[teacherartexchange] Great Site- Learning Judaism Through Art

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 04:25:28 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I am posting this to all lists for those who CAN teach about world
religions. Those who can't - just ignore my post. Teaching ABOUT
religion and ART about religion is one way we can bring this world
closer together. If students don't learn about world religions in
school - where will they? Certainly NOT from their parents (at least
not many of them). My apologies to any who I have offended.

Here is a site that I will be linking on Incredible Art Department and
on my site (on several pages).
Melton Arts: Learning About Judaism Through the Arts:
http://www.meltonarts.org/

I found some interesting painted chairs on the site....and much more
art of interest (quite a few Picasso inspired works...and some that
bring Chagall to mind).

Renah - in you see this - they do not have a micrography lesson.
Submit some student sample to me and together we can write a lesson
(in your name) to submit to this site.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--