[teacherartexchange] African Art/Culture - Cycles of Life Web Exhibit

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 03:56:04 PDT

Dear Art Educators

This (new to me) African Art and Culture Exhibit is fantastic:
Cycles: African Life Through Art:
http://www.ima-art.org/cycles/

It is an award winning web site:

Best On-line Exhibition Cycles: African Life Through Art Institution:
Indianapolis Museum of Art Judges' Comments: "The design of this
online exhibit is a piece of art itself. Beautiful and fun to explore.
... A highly visually appealing and thought provoking site which
provides a rich user experience through interactivity, text and
images. A particular highlight is the 'context' link that a user can
click on when viewing an object. The graphic elements also nicely
enhance the content and navigational options available to the user."

I will add this to my African Art links page.

For more award winning museum sites - Best of 2005 - check out Tom
Daccord's Newsletter Teaching History with Technology:
http://thwt.org/Newsletterh8-bestofweb.htm
More info:
http://www.archimuse.com/mw2005/best/

More topics of interest:
http://thwt.org/newsletterh8.htm

Chamberlain & Hitler, 1938: What was Chamberlain Trying to Do? (High School)

Conquistadors Teaching Guide: Different Views of the World (Middle School)

Creating a Photographic Timeline of Images That Have Shaped Our
Lives(Middle School, High School)

Exploring Islamic Lands (Middle School, High School)

and more.....

Pass this link on...I recommend history educators subscribe to this Newsletter:
Teaching History with Technology.
http://thwt.org/membership.html

Regards,

Judy Decker