RE:[teacherartexchange] honors art club

---------

From: Jane (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 15:41:09 PDT

Pam,

I have been the co-advisor for my school's chapter of the National Art Honor
Society for five years now. We generally meet weekly or bi-weekly depending
upon what projects we are doing. The meetings last anywhere from 15 minutes
to an hour. It is very rewarding to work with this caliber of students. They
are all motivated and obviously talented. This year we were slow to get
started and now are working on several projects at once including murals for
a local art museum's annual fundraiser ball and smaller door "murals" around
the school. Next year we are hoping to create a coloring book for print to
distribute to children's wards at local hospitals and continue murals around
the school. Please feel free to e-mail me off list if you want more info.

Jane

Does anyone here run a high school honors art club through the NAEA? I am
thinking of starting one and would like some input on how it is going, how
much commitment of time, how successful, what sort of activities, etc.
Thanks! Pam Wellington Art Dept. Chair Boiling Springs High School Boiling
Springs, PA loveart@hotmail.com
work: pjw2@smsd.us