Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas for Copper Tooling

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 10:49:19 PDT

One more idea for today....

Foil tooled Jester style dolls would be a fun project (as one of the
centers - maybe end of year? Good way to use up left over scrap
pieces). My dolls all have collage materials on them, but the kiddies
could tool them more and color them with those wonderful new Sharpies
(pick up one of the multicolor packs at Walmart - I am thinking around
30 colors?).

I drilled my holes with a small drill bit, but you could probably use
an awl to pock the holes for assembling? I think a dremel tool with a
small drill bit would work too. You can get the small brads for
assembling at Hobby Lobby (or probably Michaels).

http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/dolls2.htm
Red hat Angel and Cat are foil tooling. I've made bunch more that
aren't on this page. I got 6 dolls out of 3 feet of tooling foil. I
used brass. Mine have Sculpey faces, hands and feet.

They could turn into foil tooled animal dolls/creatures, too.... Super
heroes....so many ideas.....

Judy Decker