Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas for Copper Tooling

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 09:13:16 PDT

Welcome back Melissa,

There was a good thread on foiling tooling last September. I saved
some of the posts - and will forward my off list post (sent to Deb).
Now I am curious as all get out as to what Deb did. I'll have to email

Here is the link to the Getty thread for history of metal tooling:
Begin the class with some background info.... Do Mike Sacco's
(Bunki's) lesson idea first with the kids to teach respousse - then
move right into a cultural studies lesson (choice of culture). Then
move into the Choice projects you come up with (maybe four from which
to choose?). All student should end up with the two required lessons
and maybe three choice lessons?

Here are some URLs for IAD lessons:

Cultural based:

Inspired by fine Art (georgia O'Keeffe):
Finished with permanent markers - then gloss coated.

Masks - Cultural study:

As a Frame:

Haitian inspired lizards:

Vivian's lesson:

Many more lessons using tooling foil as embellishment....

I am sure Melissa has already done this.... enter Tooling Foil in
Google search on home page....lots of ideas:

Best wishes with this new class. I am looking forward to adding some
new ideas to IAD for foil tooling as a result of this class. Proved
some "Craftsman" lessons and some "Artist" lessons.

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to