Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Meditative Rose by Dali - New Art History site

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 06:29:40 PDT

Greetings Art History Fans,

Here is an image of Meditative Rose (1958) by Salvador Dali (a new to me work):
It brings the paintings of Georgia O'Keeffe to mind. I am wondering if
one may have inspired the other? There is certainly a surreal quality
to many of Georgia's works.

I found this on a new Art History site:
Art in the Picture:
Featured artist right now is Salvador Dali ( I know for a fact that
the Dali Foundatin is very fussy about using Dali images without
permission - so don't know how long this feature will be up). This
site does not have a copyright statement....I will caution the
webmaster as many images are used that are not in public domain.

I will be adding a link to this site on Art Styles in Art Stuff on IAD.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
To unsubscribe go to