[teacherartexchange] Creative Art Awards

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 04:48:20 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Kris Fontes asked me for the list of creative art awards that was
posted (to one of the lists)... I didn't have it - but remembered
Jeannie Sandoval posted one to Getty list quite some time ago (May 15,
2000). I entered Art Awards Van Gogh TeacherArtExchange in Google and
went right to the post. You can make some VERY creative award ribbons
(with pins) to go with these awards. I have some sample photos of Fine
Art pins by Barbara Yalof to inspire you (email me OFF LIST if you
would like to see them - see note below). The fine art pins can be
attached to blue ribbons. Use images from Art Image Publications
Catalog (and other sources) for the pins (note permission has been
granted for you to use the catalog images for fine art pins). Maybe
have your Art club work on the pins?

From Jeannie:

Last year we had a thread about giving out awards....
I thought I would re-post some of the ones we all came
up with. I used these last year and it was a winner
with the kids and my faculty. "You are so imaginative"
I was told......jeannie in ga

The David Hockney Award for best in drawing

The Vincent Van Gogh award for the best in use of
color to express emotions

The Ansel Adams Photography award for best in pinhole
photography

The Monet award for the best use of color

The Kandinsky award for best in imaginative work

The Georgia O'Keefe award for the best in choice of
subject matter

The Louise Nevelson award for the Best in sculpture

The Jacob Lawrence award for best in printmaking

Leonardo da Vinci award for the most inventive

The Roy Lichenstein award for most graphic

Jackson Pollock award for the most active in the
classroom (messiest)

Hokusai award for best nature and water depiction

Maria Montoya Martinez for best clay vessel
Let us know how these work out for you. Select artists you have
covered throughout the year(s) and come up with your own meaningful
awards. I can think of several awards that could go with
Mondrian....Picasso....Michelangelo....Dali... If you want some help
brainstorming, I'd be happy to help if you give me your list of
artists.

EMAIL ME if you would like to see Barb Yalof's pins - They are
wonderful! I bought one myself. Folks, many complain about the volume
of email....so when I ask you to email me privately when I am the only
one who needs to see your message, please do so. My email address is
very easy to find - OR use this one (judy.decker at gmail.com - change
to @ and remove spaces). I will NOT post a click and go email address
because I lost two email addresses in the past because they got
spoofed and were sending virus emails. I got blacklisted around the
world.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department