Re: [teacherartexchange] Dance as an Art Form - YES!

---------

Smjahnle_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 16:32:38 PDT

Hi Cindy - They were so much fun! Took out all my Degas repros of
ballerinas, video and cassette tapes of the ballet (I have the Eugene Ormany/Phila
Orchestra music, and the Barishnokov dance video), and several library books on
this ballet story -- really immersed the children in the theme. Many of them
had also seen a live production. They did pencil and watercolor paintings
of their favorite parts of the ballet. There was an article in SchoolArts
magazine on this topic several years ago titled "Nutcracker Narratives" that was
also inspiring - thanks to the author (I'm sorry I don't have the name right
now)! SandyJ

In a message dated 5/16/2005 7:01:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,