Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Plastic tape people

From: Eric and Kris Holsen (holsenek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 15:06:46 PDT

HI there,

I tried the plastic tape figure sculptures from Arts and Activities -
it was awesome! We are critiquing now. I will try to figure out how
to submit pictures from work.

I found a tape source from a colleague - her husband works at a
packaging plant and they replace the tape rolls when they get an inch
or so of tape left so as not to stop the production line. That is a
lot of tape left for you and me! (they were throwing them away!)

The basic technique is to wrap the first layer sticky side out and the
next 1 or 2 sticky side in. You can even do faces if you leave the
nostrils free. Saran wrap is a good base for "corners."

My kids put lights in them, filled them with things, dressed them, hung
them - they are wow!

Rochester, MN

"You must become the change you wish to see in the world" --Gandhi

To unsubscribe go to