[teacherartexchange] Landmark Day Today

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 12:10:46 PDT

        Today I completed my application for Social Security.
For so little effort I feel that I made a major accomplishment.
So in September my checks begin. Teachers who have worked, part
of their years, in a state that did not pay into Social Security
should carefully check out their possible benefits so as not to
be shocked when they retire. My checks will not be reduced, but
had I worked for some years, in say Missouri, My monthly
benefits would have been cut.
        Being so much younger than me, Frani won't draw any
checks for nine more months. Just how will her dolls get paid
for ?
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque