Re: [teacherartexchange] sample lesson interview help

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 08:29:09 PDT

Greetings All,

Allegra's lesson is for 7th-8th grade....

Why not go with the concept of "Balance"? We (list members) gave some
excellent advice on that topic. I sent mine off list and will recreate
it for you if interested (mine was similar to what Marvin Bartel
posted - but included some movement. I was thrilled when Marvin posted
a similar idea to the list - glad I was on the "right track").

Go to May Archives:
http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/archive/May05/author.html

Look for Marvin Bartel - response to "need advice quick"

Then look at all of the other responses to "need advice quick":
http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/archive/May05/index.html

If this interests you... and you want to try something with sculpture,
let me know and I will extend what has been said with a short
figurative sculpture lesson (that the regular teacher can finish if
she/he chooses).

If you do not get the May archives when you click link - just try again.

Judy Decker

From Allegra:

Yes, it is one 45 min period for 7 & 8 graders. I did not find any
info on the art teacher, but I suppose I could ask the principal for
the info when I write him an e-mail with my lesson.