Re: [teacherartexchange] oil pastel resist

---------

From: Karen Abood (submude_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 08:22:50 PDT

I've used sumi ink over tempera and gotten nice
results. The ink can be watered down. I use a one
inch wash brush for quick application. The ink has to
be washed off the surface of the tempera, so the paper
has to be durable. I do this in styrofoam trays. I
haven't done it on oil pastels; the ink should be
resisted and only go in between strokes. So the
strokes should have heavy coverage.