[teacherartexchange] Looking at Blackboard

---------

From: Mary Hensler (mhensler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 05:49:07 PDT

Greetings,

My school district is looking at a management program called Blackboard.
I was hoping some of the teachers from this exchange might be utilizing
this program in their districts. I was especially hoping for information
on online testing, discussion groups and use of the digital drop box.
I teach both Studio, along with Graphics, but I wanted information on
using
this program to handle student digital files in my Graphics class. We
work
with Adobe Creative Suite and Macromedia Studio MX, and next year we
plan to add Maya, Final Cut Pro along with Motion. I wanted to
know if Blackboard supports the use of Flash media or SWF files. We
are probably going to purchase the promotional package which includes
only the Learning Suite. Any input or information on uses, problems,
advantages, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary Hensler
Visual Arts & Communication Department