[teacherartexchange] oil pastel resist

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 02:50:16 PDT

I'm about to have my first graders paint over their oil pastel Starry Night sky. I never get good results when I do this part. What paint should I use? I've tried watered down black and blue tempera paint. Is this best? Should I have them do it with a large brush and apply it in horizontal brushstrokes like a watercolor wash? What proportion of paint to water should I use?
Thanks --- Sky in NJ