[teacherartexchange] sample lesson interview help

---------

From: Allegra Fullerton (allegraf_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 23:45:08 PDT

Hello!

I am currently preparing for my first interview for my first "real" job
- and part of the process is teaching a sample lesson to a class. Even
though I have been teaching this age group for the past 3 months, this
is proving to work me into quite a fit.

A little background info - I am moving to San Francisco the 26, my
initial interview is the 27, and the sample lesson will be early in the
week of the 30th. When I fly out, I will be staying at a hostel, with
whatever fits in my luggage - the rest of my stuff will not be there
until mid June. So basically I need to figure out a lesson that is
amazingly engaging, shows my expertise, has the students thinking
critically and ultimately being successful. Also, I have no idea what
they have done this past year - I want it to be something different.
Considering how late in the year it is i would imagine they have
already had some good lessons.

I was hoping that I could hear some stories of people who have
interviewed with the sample lesson teaching before, and tell me how it
went, what they felt worked, what didn't work and some tips so i can
develop a phenomenal lesson, and feel comfortable teaching it.

thanks,
allegra