[teacherartexchange] Smarter Kids grant

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 16:28:08 PDT

For those of you who are looking for matching funds for grants, Smarter Kids
Foundation has a "grant" program that provides what is essentially a
discount on their Smartboard products (interactive digital whiteboards and
stands). NEC offers a similar program. The discounts amount to about 30 -
35% in most instances.

I just purchased a digital projector through this program via NEC and was
awarded a discount of $497. This discount amount can then be listed on other
grant applications as matching money. For example, I will be able to list
this $497 as a contribution or match for other much larger grants that I am
seeking.

The Smarter Kids grants are simple to write. The response from the company
is within 5 working days of submission.

http://www.smarterkids.org/
For those of you interested in a free interactive digital whiteboard, click
on Research and read about submitting a research proposal.

I recently won a Mary McMullan award from the NAEA Foundation and being able
to show that I was seeking funds elsewhere helped to secure that grant.

Good luck!

Pam

=============================
Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432
Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm

For art teaching resources and professional development
www.ArtResourcesforTeachers.com