Re:[teacherartexchange] favorite book

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 15:13:47 PDT

I have this book and it is very interesting. It focuses a lot on college level art classes. You can get it at amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0252069501/qid=1116367959/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-6774230-3586433?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

I got mine a few years ago at Barnes and Noble.

Subject: Favorite Book - from Patty Knott - Education of an Art Teacher
From: Judy Decker
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:27:05 -0400

Greetings,

Here is a post I saved from AP list. They had a recent thread on
"favorite books". I only saved Patty's:

A book I look to often is James Elkins "Why Art Cannot be Taught"
it's really not what the title suggests but an excellent commentary on
the critique process ( how to make them more helpful) and there is a
lot of history about how art has been and is taught.

It's a bit iconoclastic, but I think sound in judgment. It's changed a=20
lot about how speak in critiques.

Patty
I have not seen this book personally. You might check to see if your
library can get it on inter-library loan.

Judy Decker
--=20
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/