Re: [teacherartexchange] New Videos

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 15:06:55 PDT

I really like the "Who is the Artist?" series for grades 7-12. Even the diehards will start blurting answers towards the end! I have a cartooning video by Christopher Hart - he's a real dweeb in the video, but the kids are able to draw along with him and they are always amazed at the quality of their drawings compared to the length of time they spent on each one. I just purchased "Masterpiece or Forgery" which I previewed during class today (tomorrow is the last day for seniors, so they are pretty much just putting in time). I "previewed" so they wouldn't "have to" watch them, but of course they did and they really enjoyed it. I don't know which direction I'll take it in a lesson tho. I also like the "Getting to know the worlds greatest artist" series - even tho they are kind of juvenile. I just tell my kiddos to humor me, and they always end up enjoying them.

  This is the same end of year thread as we use up our budget. I want to order some good & interesting videos for high school. Many of the ones I have are good but are hard to keep their attention. I have used the Behind the Scenes, Masters of Illusion and these are excellent. I am now looking for videos about artists. Which ones do you recommend?