Re: [teacherartexchange] kiln settings- glaze chips?

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 12:31:52 PDT

In a message dated 5/15/2005 1:37:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
adra@presidiohill.org writes:

> We are both usually using low fire clay bodies and low fire glazes.
> She has now moved to bisque firing to 03, and glaze firing to 06, and
> has had better results. We both have fairly new kilns (Skutt and
> Cress) with digital controls.
>
> Has anyone else had this experience? What have you tried? I will
> definitely be following in her footsteps, but it occurred to me that
> we are probably not the only ones to have experienced this...and
> other people may have additional info or suggestions.

I have had the same problem recently with my last few fires. I had changed my
clear glaze brand ...then this happened. My clay was worked the same, the
firing was the same at 06 and nothing was different except the clear glaze. I'd
like to know also what caused this too.

MarshArt in Orlando