[teacherartexchange] Interactive Sites for Kids - Museum sites and more

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 05:19:13 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Ellen posted NGA site for kids.... That link can be found on my Just
for Kids page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/for-kids.htm

I removed "Mr. Picasso Head" from that page quite some time ago. It is
still listed on the Picasso pages (Know the artists and lesson ideas).
Exercise caution when using Mr. Picasso Head - there are some "nasty"
images in the gallery (avoid having kids browse the gallery). I did
not see these "nasty" images myself, but was warned by a concerned
list member (use your imagination as to what these might be).

The EASIEST way to find what is on IAD is to "Google it". Search box
is at top of nearly every page on my site and most main pages on IAD
(banner heading is NOT on lesson plans on either site). I Googled
Interactive site for Kids....and got lots of hits. Ken Rohrer and I
spent a month redesigning the pages to use that banner heading -
PLEASE use it. The default search is IAD - you can click to search
WWW, too.

If you "Google" something and do NOT find it on IAD - but think it
should be there, let me know. I do not get search results so have no
idea what you are looking for.

My Yahoo address is easy to find on IAD - or use this Gmail or my Road
Runner address. If you want an answer right away, use Road Runner (I
check that mail first each day).

Regards,

Judy Decker

--