Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] African inspired masks, figures more - web site

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 04:59:18 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is a web site to revisit. I know I posted Kanika's site summer of 2003.
Kanika African Sculptures

Many of you do "African Masks".... Kanika's work may inspire your
students - drawing from African art without copying it.

I liked her dolls (figurative sculptures dressed with authentic
African fabrics) - many of the images are missing for those.
Link to dolls will be added on the Dolls page:

You will find:
African inspired masks, figurines, breast cancer survivor jewelry,
pendants, pins, and more. Home decorator items hand-sculpted from clay
and adorned with African fabric, leather, and beadwork.

Kanika's link has been added to the Artists page on Incredible Art Department:
Click Black Artists link at top.

I will also add a link on the Ceramic Masks lesson plan.

If you have questions for Kanika about her work, email address can be
found in the Questions section of her site. In my experience, artists
who have requested links have enjoyed hearing from students who admire
their work.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources