Re: [teacherartexchange] Copper tooling finish

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 12:14:44 PDT

With the aluminum foil you can use India ink and then scrub with
steel-wool. The copper colored foil will rub off and show alum.
through if you use steel wool on it. I sort of like the effect. I
usually put black acrylic on the copper and it rub away with a kleenex
till I like the way it looks. Many kids like it all shiny.

>>> Reber.Laurie@chandler.k12.az.us 05/13/2005 8:21:49 AM >>>
I am using 36 gauge gold and copper colored foil. I don't believe I can
use Liver of Sulphur on this to finish it. Any recommendations on what
to use to antique the finished product? Can I still use steel wool to
distress the finish once applied? This rather thin-gauged foil doesn't
seem as if it will hold up to the steel wool. Thanks for any help!