[teacherartexchange] What kind of art do students do on Standardized test days?

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 07:57:40 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Are your students permitted to draw when finished with their standardized test?
Do you provide extra paper for this purpose (8 1/2 x 11 photocopy
paper or otherwise)? Would you be allowed to collect the drawings?
(thinking back - all paper written on had to be collected and turned
in with tests when I proctored tests). If so, you might want to take
a look at the project idea posted to Art Education list by Barak
Kassar. It is an interesting idea - just in the planning stages right
now.

From Barak

I'm starting a project that seeks art from K-12 graders
all over the US---and possibly other countries.
The idea is to collect art, poetry and fiction made on
standardized test days. When the project gathers enough material we will
publish a book of it. My hope is to begin gathering art now and forming a
community so that when testing begins next year we will be ready
to let people know and encourage art to be made and gather it.

If you know of any great art that fits the description, please let
me know by email at barak@rassak.com

You can pass on the following link (with info and sample art):

http://www.rassak.com/standardizeme

If you don't want to participate in Barak's project, this might be
something you would like to experiment with on your own.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department