[teacherartexchange] Favorite Book - from Patty Knott - Education of an Art Teacher

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 05:27:05 PDT

Greetings,

Here is a post I saved from AP list. They had a recent thread on
"favorite books". I only saved Patty's:

A book I look to often is James Elkins "Why Art Cannot be Taught"
it's really not what the title suggests but an excellent commentary on
the critique process ( how to make them more helpful) and there is a
lot of history about how art has been and is taught.

It's a bit iconoclastic, but I think sound in judgment. It's changed a
lot about how speak in critiques.

Patty
I have not seen this book personally. You might check to see if your
library can get it on inter-library loan.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/