[teacherartexchange] Copper tooling finish

---------

From: Laurie Reber (Reber.Laurie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 08:21:49 PDT

I am using 36 gauge gold and copper colored foil. I don't believe I can use Liver of Sulphur on this to finish it. Any recommendations on what to use to antique the finished product? Can I still use steel wool to distress the finish once applied? This rather thin-gauged foil doesn't seem as if it will hold up to the steel wool. Thanks for any help!