[teacherartexchange] Regarding "End of Year Survey"

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 04:25:14 PDT

As part of my art curriculum in all of the classes I teach, I have my
students complete an end of term self evaluation packet in lieu of a more
traditional final exam. They have to respond to sections on each of the
projects that were to have been worked on during the class, discussing the
principles / concepts that were being studied as pertained to each
assignment, the supplementary material that we studied that was tied to
those assignments (text, video, exemplars, online and other forms of
research, etc.), and finally the work that they did themselves in response
to each project. This self reflection not only gives thaem a chance to
recap the learning experiences that were built into the course and
subsequently develop a greater understanding of the coursework, but also
allows me to continually monitor how and what I am providing as art
instruction in the classroom and the effectiveness of what I am providing in
terms of content, delivery and time alloted to completing the work.

Kevan