RE:[teacherartexchange] Substitute plans for ill teacher's class

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 02:46:29 PDT

Hi All,
Having been out on leave suddenly due to a leukemia diagnosis, I did worry a
lot about what was going on in my class room back at school. (I am in
remission 9 years now, completely cancer free)

One thing that might help the class get through the next month might be
group building type lessons. Perhaps a community service project, but not
focusing on their absent teacher.
A short project as a wish for the teacher is great , but be careful not to
focus too long on this. Not sure of how gravely ill this teacher is, but
knowing that the students are not worrying about me , and enjoying the
"guest" teacher was important.

Depending on how young the students are, getting back to the routine might
go a long way to helping them deal with the sudden change in their routine.
Kids are all about routine when life throws them a curve ball.
Also talk to the class, take in their thoughts of how they might like to
finish the year.

Just some thoughts from someone who's been there.
Christine Besack :)