[teacherartexchange] at my wits end

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 22:39:05 PDT

Hi Pam,

Hang in there. I have seen schools change over a period of years, with a
new principal, with new college requirements, with testing requirements,
with the retirement of a popular teacher, and so on. During my student
teaching, one teacher would refuse to take more than 28, another teacher in
the same school let them in until they were elbow to elbow. She stopped at
38 in the art classroom. I think her theory was that as long as she had
some students, she had a job, so the more the merrier. It looks like you
are in the trough of a downswing and hopefully you will soon be back up at
the top.

Jean Womack