Re: [teacherartexchange] End of the year survey

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 12:43:41 PDT

i do a survey with my hs students. i learn a lot! they are very "gentle", too. this year i am trying something new with my seniors:

FIRST: Answer the following questions.

1. What is one of your best high school memories?

2. What is one of the worst things that you remember happening during high school?

3. What do you really wish you had – or had not – done in high school?

4. What is something that would have made your high school experience better?

5. What is the best thing about being a student at EHS?

6. What was the most difficult thing about being a student at EHS?

7. What will you miss most from high school?

8. What will you miss least?

9. What are you really looking forward to doing after you leave EHS?

10. Who were some of the people who helped you the most during high school?

11. Where was your favorite place to be at EHS?

12. What advice would you give to others about how to make it through high school?

SECOND: Draw a symbolic representation for each answer. For example, if you said, “Getting up early” for #8, you could draw an alarm clock ringing… You also may use short words to summarize your answers.

THIRD: Make a sketch that combines nearly all of your images from above into a unified composition.

FOURTH: From your sketch, create a final piece that represents your life at EHS using your choice of materials. Be sure your final work is a refined, unified, balanced composition. Use your imagination to fill empty spaces. Include light, medium, and dark values.

:D wendy free