[teacherartexchange] Response to Artist

---------

From: Gorham, Peter \(ED14\) (gorhapej_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 09:50:20 PDT

Thanks to Patricia for her recent reminder of the
importance of allowing people to respond to artwork in a school setting.
I would always set out a book for comments in a gallery setting although
it is something I have rarely done in a school setting.
I am having a local artist come to the school and paint in our halls, I will be sure to leave
a journal or cards out so that we can use the comments as part of our thank you- Note the artist intends to give us the painting in return for a tax receipt- my reason for asking was just to have a working artist in the school.