Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] HA !! TeachersFirst response (to what I'm sure were our responses :) thanks all

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 17:49:42 PDT

Hi All, Just got this email from TeachersFirst. They're leaving the question up for another week, and have addressed what they meant :) (I think we made them say hmmmmmmm.. )

Christine Besack :)

TeachersFirst Update: May 9, 2005

About Last Week
Last week's question of the week, asking about the relationship of the arts to teaching
science and math, drew a number of very thoughtful replies, and a few we weren't expecting.
Some of you commented that we appeared not to value the arts as subjects in and of
themselves. That was certainly not our intent, and we endorse the idea that music and art
belong in the curriculum as much as English or Math. It was experiences with connections
between the arts and math or science for which we were searching.

In any case, we're retaining the question for a second week, in hope that others of you
will want to comment. You can read the question of the week at:

To unsubscribe go to