[teacherartexchange] The Metropolitan Museum of Art I Timeline of Art History Home Page GREAT RESOURCE :)

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 17:03:14 PDT

Overview

The Timeline of Art History is a chronological, geographical, and thematic exploration of the history of art from around the world, as illustrated especially by the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection. The Museum's curatorial, conservation, and education staff-the largest team of art experts anywhere in the world-research and write the Timeline, which is an invaluable reference and research tool for students, educators, scholars, and anyone interested in the study of art history and related subjects. First launched in 2000, the Timeline now extends from prehistory to the present day. The Timeline will continue to expand in scope and depth, and also reflect the most up-to-date scholarship.

The Art

The works of art in the Metropolitan's collection celebrate human creativity from around the world and from all eras. The Timeline of Art History places the Museum's collection in a cohesive chronological, geographical, and thematic context. Each image is accompanied by supporting material and can be enlarged for closer scrutiny.

 http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/splash.htm