Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Art from Recycled materials - Tony Price Atomic Artist

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 07:17:16 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Some of you might be interested in the sculptures by Tony Price. Born
in New York in 1937 - settled in New Mexico in the late 1960's near an
atomic weapons scrap yard (died 2000).

Check out the sculptures made from atomic weapon parts:
One title isn't appropriate for kids (so I won't be linking this site).
See more work in Photo Albums.

I wonder what the Hopi think about his art? He calls many of them Kachinas.
His work might inspire a mask project.

There is a show at the United Nations of his work (May 2 through June 10).

Linda Woods sent me this site -- enjoy your surf.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
To unsubscribe go to