[teacherartexchange] Copyright "Fair Use" LOTS of links

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 03:49:18 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Sometime I will condense down all of the resources I gathered on
copyright/Fair Use and will put a page on Incredible Art
Department.....

Those of you who missed my links might be interested in these compiled
by David Dillard for Net Gold list:

Net Gold posts are open to the public.

As you can see there is scads of information out there already. My
page was going to deal with using copyrighted photographs (derived
works) and using images for collage (appropriated images).

I finally did hear back from the zoo site about using their
photographs (if you want to know which zoo - check my Art-Math-Science
page)....one month after I first wrote them. They finally did answer
my second email. Art Teachers do have permission to use their
photographs to inspire art (a use not addressed on their site). You
can not put a photograph on your web site with out written permission
(and this is clearly stated on their site). I did get permission to
use one image to illustrate my page - but I have to right click
protect the image (make it so people can not download it).
So.....Those of you who want to follow the letter of the law and get
permission to use photographs will have to start months ahead of time.

I still have not heard back from the magazine I wrote to about using
their images for collage.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department