[teacherartexchange] Fwd: Arts Teachers Fellowship

---------

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 18:16:48 PDT

a great opportunity for high school art teachers. craig

>Subject: Arts Teachers Fellowship
>Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 16:37:39 -0400
>
>Subject: Surdna Foundation Offers Arts Teachers Fellowship
>
> 8) Surdna Foundation Offers Arts Teachers Fellowship
> Program
>
> Deadline: November 18, 2005
>
> The Surdna Foundation ( http://www.surdna.org) announces
> the sixth year of its Arts Teachers Fellowship Program, a
> national initiative to support the artistic
> revitalization of outstanding arts teachers in
> specialized, public arts high schools.
>
> Through the program, fellows design individualized
> courses of study that provide both immersion in their own
> creative work and the opportunity to interact with other
> professional artists in their fields. The program's
> approach to professional development is designed to
> enhance the effectiveness of arts teachers and directly
> benefit the young people they teach.
>
> Twenty awards of up to $5,000 each, with a complementary
> grant of $1,500 to the fellow's school to support post-
> fellowship activities, will be made. The award may be
> used to defray the costs of tuition and other fees, room
> and board, travel, purchase of materials and/or equipment
> for personal art-making, childcare, and other relevant
> expenses.
>
> All permanently assigned full- and part-time arts faculty
> in specialized, public arts high schools are eligible.
> Teachers of the visual arts (including film, video, and
> other media), theater arts, music, dance, and creative
> writing are invited to apply. Applicants must have been
> teaching arts in high school for a minimum of five years,
> and plan to continue as an arts teacher in 2005-06.
>
> Visit the Surdna Foundation Web site to download complete
> program information and guidelines and the application
> materials.
>
> RFP Link: http://fconline.fdncenter.org/pnd/1754/surdna
> For additional RFPs in Education, visit:
> http://fdncenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_education.jhtml

Craig Roland - Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida USA 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
homepage: http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
@rt room: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room | art junction:
http://www.artjunction.org