Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Colored Pencils / OMYA 6mm lead

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 17:54:11 PDT

Since we are speaking of pencils and sharpening... I had the PTA purchase me an electric pencil sharpener from Nasco- I think. It cost between $140-150. It is really good. It takes about 3 sec. to sharpen and does all size pencils. The kids have to have permission to sharpen. Most of the time they don't need to be sharpened.

>To: "TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group" <>
>Subject: [teacherartexchange] Colored Pencils / OMYA 6mm lead
>Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 14:42:49 -0400
>I used to be a diehard Prang 6mm lead -lover....but the cores *constantly* coming loose had me running for something else. OMYA has a similar product *and* in a hexagonal they don't go rolling everywhere. (6mm lead - FANTASTIC for little and big hands)...that comes in a class set of 120. I usually buy mine from Nasco.
>As for all you "do it myself" pencil sharpeners out there....I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. About half way through the year I can usually designate one or two students in class to be the guardians of "sharpening" - this is after they've successfully demonstrated how not to abuse the poor lead(s). I don't think it's's those little details that keep us sane.
>Happy Cinco de Mayo all!
>To unsubscribe go to
To unsubscribe go to