RE: [teacherartexchange] colored pencils

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 13:09:08 PDT

Love the flag idea!

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Occasm@aol.com [mailto:Occasm@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 3:41 PM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [teacherartexchange] colored pencils

Oh, this is a a good subject as I just yesterday had an 8th grade girl
throw a hissy fit and chuck one of my precious prang professionals. And
this from the daughter of an art teacher. Of course I called Mom
immediately.
  I give them the whole speech about how good a material this is that
I'm giving them and How they should care for these "babies"
  They laugh and most reallly do. I also put a small piece of masking
tape wrapped around the pencil to make a small flag on the end of each
pencil so they don't roll. Kids even do it for me if they see one is
missing.

mike sacco
Paul J. Gelinas Jhs
Setauket NY